Featured Banner Image

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Congratulations Sarah Ellis, 2015–16 SGCI Student Representative nominee

Work by Sarah Ellis
Congratulations to Sarah Ellis (MFA 2018), who has been nominated to serve as Student Representative on the 2015–16 Executive Board of Southern Graphics Council International (SGCI).

Read about it in SGCI's latest newsletter, Graphic Impressions!

Sarah received her BFA in Printmaking from The University of Akron in 2014. She is currently an MFA Candidate in Printmaking at the University of North Texas. Through a variety of print media and book arts, her work explores the dynamics between domestic craft, gender roles, and the continuity of human behavior. During her first year of graduate school, she has had the pleasure of working as the Graduate Assistant at P.R.I.N.T Press as well as a Teaching Assistant in Drawing. She currently lives in Denton, Texas, with her fiancé and their corgi.
I'm both humbled and honored to be nominated to serve as the Student Representative of SGC International. After I discovered printmaking during my undergraduate career, I realized that it is possible to truly love what you do on a daily basis. SGCI has been an integral part of my development as an artist and I'm thrilled to have the chance to take a more active role in such an influential organization. It's a place for students and profes- sionals alike to appreciate our practice and build the sense of togetherness that is so vital to what we do. The amount of generosity and consideration that I have experienced within the printmaking community deserves to be forwarded. I am truly privileged to be presented with this opportunity and I hope to serve as an active voice for our student members.––Sarah Ellis