Featured Banner Image

Monday, February 21, 2011

Carissa Bleeker '09, Method Letterpress

Carissa Bleeker with her Kluge printing press
This February, our Experimental Letterpress class visited Carissa Bleeker (Printmaking BFA, '09) at Method Letterpress in Dallas, Texas:

The idea for Method Letterpress started when I was a little girl. I have wanted to own and operate my own business for a long time, and always had an artistic, creative, and inquisitive side. Painting, screen-printing, and printmaking became a focus for me, and I decided to go to the University of North Texas to pursue Art. During college, I obtained an internship at Bell’Invito Letterpress Studio in the Design District of Downtown Dallas—an internship, oddly enough, that my future husband was able to get for me. I later became their lead printer, printing all of their products, working within their design culture, and even training their future letterpress printmakers in the art of letterpress. After 3 years of working at this high-end Letterpress Studio, I decided that my two passions (being an entrepreneur and producing art) could be melded into one business. My husband and I obtained our small business license, and Method Letterpress was born. We operate out of Dallas, Texas.

Learn more about Method Letterpress on Etsy and facebook!


For more information about the class, check out this blog and photos of our presses.